Yes, it’s true…I am a cinnamon addict! So, naturally, snickerdoodles are my absolute favorites cookies! The chewy goodness that is a snickerdoodle cookie made that happen. This recipe, in particular, is one that I have been making for years & years. It is super simple and the cookies always taste good even if mistakes are made during the baking process. Add too much sugar? Not enough flour? Forget the vanilla? No problem! They will still taste good! This is a very forgiving recipe and the dough is absolute heaven! Snickerdoodles are always a hit at family gatherings!
As an epileptic, I cannot eat chocolate due to the natural caffeine in cacao. It interacts very poorly with my anti-epileptic drugs, as well, so I have two very good reasons to avoid chocolate completely. This might seem like a tragedy to the chocolate-addicts out there, however, these cookies fill that void very successfully!
Cinnamon and Sugar are a magical combo! Check it out for yourself and try the recipe below!
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 3/4 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 T Sugar
- 3 T Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a kitchen aid mixer on low speed, mix the butter and 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- While the mixer is stirring add each egg in one by one until all ingredients are combined.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- Once combined, add dry ingredients to the butter mixture in the mixer and continue to mix on low speed.
- In a small bowl, combine 3 T sugar and 3 tsp cinnamon.
- Scoop or roll 1 inch balls of dough and roll each in the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Place on an uncreased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the pan immediately and place cookies on a cooling rack.
- Eat immediately or place under a covered dish when cool to ensure freshness. Enjoy!