Sweet & Savory Waffle Sandwich Recipe
I love making these sandwiches after I’ve already made waffles for breakfast. It makes for a much simpler assembly process and all of the leftover waffles you spent hours making don’t go to waste! Efficiency at it’s best, ladies and gentlemen! The combination of sweet and savory flavors in this sandwich are a little interesting, but please give it a chance! They actually work really well together and result in a very tasty final product. Happy cooking!
- 2 Belgian Waffles
- Bacon, to taste
- 1 handful fresh Spinach Leaves
- 1 Avocado
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Raspberry Jelly
- Unsalted Butter (or Ghee)
- Place your bacon into the oven or frying pan (whatever you prefer) to begin cooking according to package directions. While is your bacon is cooking, put your waffles (in a glass pan with a lid) into the oven to reheat them. If you keep the oven temperature at 350F you can take the waffles out after 15 minutes (max).
- Spread a light layer of unsalted butter across both sides of each waffle. Set aside two waffles for each sandwich you need to make. Follow the butter with a layer of raspberry jam only on the inner sides of each waffle pair.
- Next, grab a handful of fresh spinach leaves and remove their stems. Sprinkle the entire handful of spinach leaves across one side of the waffle sandwich.
- Slice your avocado into thin, even slices and place the avocado slices on top of the spinach leaves.
- On the other side of your sandwich (your second waffle), place two thin slices of mozzarella cheese on top of existing layer of raspberry jam. You can add more or less cheese depending on your "savory" flavor preference.
- Finish your sandwich assembly by adding 2-3 slices of bacon, split in half, on top of the spinach, avocado, and raspberry jam. Top the bacon with the second waffle and "Voila"! You've got yourself a Sweet & Savory Waffle Sandwich!
And always remember, sharing is caring, even with your puppy dog!!!!!….