Ginger. Honey. Coconut Oil. Perhaps the most brilliant combination for a hot beverage that both tastes good and does good for your body.
This recipe is a fantastic way to simultaneously incorporate more water into your daily diet and strengthen your immune system. Ginger is known to be one of the best anti-inflammatory foods in existence! Drinking lots of water will already cause a process of natural detoxification to occur through the increase in urination, so just imagine the perks of mixing these two ingredients together into one!
Honey and Coconut Oil (the flavored kind b/c it adds an extra zing of Coconut to the spicy ginger and the sweet honey flavors) are also anti-inflammatory ingredients. Basically, this tea is only filled with ingredients meant to help the human body. No preservatives, no chemicals, no synthetic ingredients. Only real ingredients that have proven to provide results for me, personally!
If you have cold/flu-like symptoms, this tea is your best friend! Truth be told, I am yet to find a downside to this beverage.
I try to drink at least three cups a day, everyday. One cup in the morning with breakfast, another around 12:00 pm, and the third cup some time in the evening.
If you are like me this New Year and you want to drink more water on a daily basis, you are definitely going to want to add this to your beverage menu!!
- 1 T fresh Ginger Root, finely grated
- 2 T Raw & Organic Honey
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil, flavored
- 1 cup filtered Water, boiled
- Turn the stovetop burner beneath the kettle to medium heat. While the kettle is heating up, begin shaving off the outside layer of the ginger root until you have an entirely "yellow" piece of fresh ginger.
- Once you have shaved off the outer layer, finely grate the ginger on a cheese grater until the entire root is finely shredded. The inside of fresh ginger root can tend to be a bit "hairy," this is okay just pick these pieces out of your pile of ginger so that they do not end up in your tea (trust me, it is better without the hairy pieces).
- Transfer ginger to your mug along with the rest of your ingredients.
- Lastly, add hot water to the cup containing the ingredients and mix well.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please share on Twitter or Instagram (@seizethedayblog)!