I’m calling this a “mini” Cobb Salad because I usually prefer to top the arugula with grilled chicken, bacon, and cheese in addition to the other ingredients you see in the picture above. However, there are those days when the cupboards are bare and options are slim so I have no choice but to go with a minimalistic type of Cobb Salad. Or, sometimes I’m short on time and cooking every ingredient typically found on a Cobb just isn’t possible. Let’s be honest, cooking chicken, bacon, and eggs is a tad time consuming. Here is where my Mini Cobb Salad comes in very handy!
It is arugula (for the base of the salad), boiled egg, cucumber, tomato, avocado, sunflower seeds, and Olive Oil (for the dressing) with sea salt and pepper to taste. That’s it!
Worst case scenario you need to boil the eggs, but the bright side is this ingredients really does not take very long at all. Plus, if you place your boiled eggs in a large bowl and run cold water over the top for a few minutes these babies cool down very quickly!
The olive oil for the dressing might sound a bit plain, but it actually offers the perfect flavor when mixed with the other ingredients. However, if you like more of a vinaigrette type of dressing with your cobb, then mixed a bit of balsamic vinegar with the olive oil in a small bowl. Once this is complete, you will have a very simple and very tasty vinegar-based dressing for your salad. More flavor without sacrificing your time.
- 1 handful Arugula, washed
- 4 Grape Tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 Cucumber, quartered
- 1 Boiled Egg
- 1 handful Sunflower Seeds
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, drizzled (to taste)
- Sea Salt & Ground Pepper (to taste)
- Begin by putting the eggs on the stove to boil so that these will cook while you complete your prep work on the other items.
- Rise arugula and set aside. I prefer to add the EVOO, Sea Salt & Ground Pepper to the salad now because I find it easier to mix, but you can add it last too and it won't affect the flavor.
- Slice the tomatoes and cucumber. Place on top of the arugula once completed.
- Add sunflower seeds, evenly spreading across the top of your salad.
- Once eggs are finished boiling, slice into small pieces and add to salad.
- Lastly, mix well and Enjoy!