When you’re trying to maintain a diet that is strictly Gluten-free, Dairy-free, and Sugar-free, the mere mention of an acceptable bread recipe sounds ridiculous. I certainly wasn’t convinced that something like this actually existed! Well, I was wrong…
Although Erin’s original recipe is fantastic and I recommend checking it out (links can be found above for both the blog and the recipe), I made a few changes of my own to adjust the ingredients a bit so that the flavor of the cinnamon is accentuated. You can find my personal changes written below along with my baking instructions.
Not only is this recipe is a fantastic snack for those mid-meal munchies, but it also provides the perfect amount of healthy carbohydrates and fats to help you maintain healthy blood sugar levels all day long. Healthy blood sugar levels for me means decreased seizure activity so this recipe has been an excellent find for both my brain and my tummy. It’s a Win-Win no matter which version of the recipe you try! The Seize the Day Blog version can be found below.
- 1 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 2 T Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Zucchini, grated
- Ghee, for greasing the pan
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare loaf pan with coconut oil or ghee (a fantastic dairy-free option and my preferred method, it is much less messy than the coconut oil).
- Combine all dry ingredients into a small bowl & mix using a fork. Be sure to mix thoroughly so that you do not have any baking soda chunks in your bread batter. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk 4 eggs until combined and smooth.
- Add coconut oil, honey, and vanilla to eggs. Whisk until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients you set aside earlier to the wet ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Squeeze dry your grated zucchini and fold into your batter.
- Pour into loaf pan (or cupcake pan, this method is especially fun for those of you with kids). If you want to add an extra crunch to the texture of your bread or muffins, add chopped walnuts to the top of your unbaked batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes covered with foil and another 10-15 minutes without foil.
- If you can insert a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean, your Zucchini Bread is ready to be taken out.
- Let cool completely before serving.